[NatureNS] Owl nests was Humor

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:13:23 -0300
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_9079_19874002.1210713203211

Hi Lance,

I have two NSWO nests so far, no Boreals. Thursday, I will be visiting my
best BOOW site (as long as the snow is gone from the highlands). I'll keep
checking all the boxes until into June.

Last year was terrible for small mammals (I snap-trapped, so I have the
numbers to show this), so I am hoping that the nesting season will be better
this year, though perhaps delayed.

The birds could also just be nesting elsewhere, though my boxes are so
diversely applied in our landscapes, that I figure I should be picking them
up somewhere. In fact, for the first time I have a NSWO nesting in a box
formerly used by BOOWs (last year in fact).

Randy

--
Randy