Internet keys: was Re: [NatureNS] Bug Photos taken this past Sat & Sunday

Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 10:14:38 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

David McCorquodale wrote:

>I will again emphasize the freely available Canadian Journal of Arthropod
>Identification ( http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/bsc/ejournal/ejournal.html).
>You can quickly confirm that Stephen Shaw's identification of _Bombylius
>major_ looks good.  If you want, you can collect some of the pesky
>mosquitoes on your arm and check what species bite people in your area.
>
>DBMcC

Hi All,            May 6, 2008
    In that context I recently learned that Mitchell's Bees of the
eastern United States (~1100 pp.) is available online at--

http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/insectmuseum/easternBees.php

    It is nearly 50 years out of date but has detailed descriptions of
all (?) species.
    Yt, DW