[NatureNS] Birds of Note

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:33:35 +0000

--_99f89628-c2b5-4cbf-a01f-567d60dcb0a9_

First off a thank you to Murray for a wonderful field trip at Cape Sable Is=
land.  I ended the day with a list of 56, which I think is great for this t=
ime of year.  David Walmark, Dorothy Poole and I went out to the Blanche Pe=
ninsula on the way home.  About 1 km in from the main road we were pleased =
to see a female spruce grouse.  Another highlight at Blanche was a red-tail=
ed hawk carrying a large snake in it's talons.  It was travelling over a lo=
ng distance and kept on going with the prey item.  We also saw two boreal c=
hickadees, which are a nice find any time of the year.
=20
Near Sable River just before it actually on the way to Cape Sable we saw a =
barred owl perched in a tree along side of the 103.
=20
Willets were back in numbers along the Blanche Peninsula and appear to have=
 come in all along the coast over the past few days.
=20
Today at Cherry Hill Beach, Pat and I saw six piping plovers.  They were fe=
eding along the waters edge and no signs of nesting were evident.  The beac=
h changed over the past week with sand going away and displacing elsewhere =
leaving a lot of stone.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
=20
Enter today for your chance to win $1000 a day=97today until May 12th. Lear=
n more at SignInAndWIN.ca
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/215=

--_99f89628-c2b5-4cbf-a01f-567d60dcb0a9_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
First off a thank you to Murray for a wonderful field trip at Cape Sable Is=
land.&nbsp; I ended the day with a list of 56, which I think is great for t=
his time of year.&nbsp; David Walmark, Dorothy Poole and I went out to the =
Blanche Peninsula on the way home.&nbsp; About 1 km in from the main road w=
e were pleased to see a female spruce grouse.&nbsp; Another highlight at Bl=
anche was a red-tailed hawk carrying a large snake in it's talons.&nbsp; It=
 was travelling over a long distance and kept on going with the prey item.&=
nbsp; We also saw two boreal chickadees, which are a nice find any time of =
the year.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Near Sable River just before it actually on the way to Cape Sable we saw a =
barred owl perched in a tree along side of the 103.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Willets were back in numbers along the Blanche Peninsula and appear to have=
 come in all along the coast over the past few days.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Today at Cherry Hill Beach, Pat and I saw six piping plovers.&nbsp; They we=
re feeding along the waters edge and no signs of nesting were evident.&nbsp=
; The beach changed over the past week with sand going away and displacing =
elsewhere leaving a lot of stone.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR>
&nbsp;<BR><br /><hr />Sign in to Windows Live Messenger, and enter for your=
 chance to win $1000 a day=97today until May 12th. <a href=3D'http://g.msn.=
ca/ca55/210' target=3D'_new'>Visit SignInAndWIN.ca</a></body>

--_99f89628-c2b5-4cbf-a01f-567d60dcb0a9_--