[NatureNS] Ruby-crowned Kinglet

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:04:49 +0000

--_7b4c820c-2897-46eb-a601-6bc48856be08_

I was pleased to see my first ruby-crowned kinglet up close and personal as=
 it scolded and made its territorial call at Conrads Island, Lower Rose Bay=
 this morning. =20
=20
I also made a run and did some ad hoc atlasing and also a census on some of=
 my usual osprey nests.  All that I checked were occupied.  Palm warblers w=
ere at one location with two vocalizing on territory at Bayport.
=20
Of note, but not definite.  Anyone in the area of Lunenburg Foundry and Eng=
ineering that is driving up the road towards the hospital near the start of=
 that road and the streets up to where the old train station was should kee=
p an eye open.  I had a bird fly in front of my car, which I could not relo=
cate, which I am sure was a Townsend's Solitaire.  Likely the same one that=
 I found in that area on the Christmas Bird Count.  I think the bird is sti=
ll hanging around the area. =20
=20
Two killdeer have set up territory in the parking lot behind Best Print in =
Lunenburg.  I'll have to keep an eye on that area also for nesting for the =
Maritime Nest Records Scheme.  I believe I've already gotten confirmation o=
f that species within that square, but will check on my records.
=20
On a discouraging note, another house is being built on Mason's Beach and t=
he wooded area behind Masons Pond has been leveled.  In other words totally=
 clear cut and they are still removing trees from there.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
Enter today for your chance to win $1000 a day=97today until May 12th. Lear=
n more at SignInAndWIN.ca
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/215=

--_7b4c820c-2897-46eb-a601-6bc48856be08_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
I was pleased to see my first ruby-crowned kinglet up close and personal as=
 it scolded and made its territorial call at Conrads Island, Lower Rose Bay=
 this morning.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
I also made a run and did some ad hoc atlasing and also a census on some of=
 my usual osprey nests.&nbsp; All that I checked were occupied.&nbsp; Palm =
warblers were at one location with two vocalizing on territory at Bayport.<=

&nbsp;<BR>
Of note, but not definite.&nbsp; Anyone in the area of Lunenburg Foundry an=
d Engineering that is driving up the road towards the hospital near the sta=
rt of that road and&nbsp;the streets up to where the old train station was =
should keep an eye open.&nbsp; I had a bird fly in front of my car, which I=
 could not relocate, which I am sure was a Townsend's Solitaire.&nbsp; Like=
ly the same one that I found in that area on the Christmas Bird Count.&nbsp=
; I think the bird is still hanging around the area.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Two killdeer have set up territory in the parking lot behind Best Print in =
Lunenburg.&nbsp; I'll have to keep an eye on that area also for nesting for=
 the Maritime Nest Records Scheme.&nbsp; I believe I've already gotten conf=
irmation of that species within that square, but will check on my records.<=

&nbsp;<BR>
On a discouraging note, another house is being built on Mason's Beach and t=
he wooded area behind Masons Pond has been leveled.&nbsp; In other words to=
tally clear cut and they are still removing trees from there.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR><br /><hr />Sign in to Windows Live Messenger, and enter fo=
r your chance to win $1000 a day=97today until May 12th. <a href=3D'http://=
g.msn.ca/ca55/210' target=3D'_new'>Visit SignInAndWIN.ca</a></body>

--_7b4c820c-2897-46eb-a601-6bc48856be08_--