[NatureNS] Cole Hbr Saltmarsh Trail Saturday April 19

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:56:05 -0300

I went on a trip on the Cole Harbour Saltmarsh trail. Nice sunny and warm,
but the wind was a killer.
One of the Bald Eagle nests (the one visible from the 3rd bridge is occupied.
I could see a white head appearing and disappearing, and a 2nd adult bird
was in the vicinity.  Two ospreys put on a show and several ravens kept a
close eye on the clam diggers.
On the way back to town a mob of crows harassed a vulture in midair above
the hardware store across from the lot with all the stores (Canadian Tire,
Sobeys ....) in Cole Harbour.  Turned out to be a Turkey Vulture.

On Conrads Beach I was told by one of the kite people that a few days back
three plovers, presumably Pipping Plovers were seen on the beach. None
there today......

Ulli