[NatureNS] Hartlen Point April 16

From: "Ulli Hoeger" <uhoeger@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:59:46 -0300

Hi,

this is the 2nd attempt to post this message after the one I send
yesterday hasn't showed up yet (could be still stuck in my home
computer).

I went out to Hartlen Point yesterday evening after work and walked
the service road down to Back Cove.  Robins everywhere on the greens
pulling worms and vocal in the woods.  Song Sparrows where singing as
well, and Black ducks and Mallards were seen on all ponds paired up.
All signs of Spring!  "Best" birds of the evening: two PALM WARBLERS
showing nicely along the trail down to Back Cove just past the dump.
Bright yellow with nice brown caps, brilliant in the evening sun but
to fast to take a shoot. Here I also heard grouse drumming in the
woods.
No Ospreys on the nesting platform and no Willets in the marsh.
Should be just a matter of days now before those signs of Spring show
themselves.

Ulli