[NatureNS] Hummingbird !!!

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:07:59 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

There are early birds each year. I usually put my feeders out the second
week of April and sometimes they got hit right away. A few years ago I got a
digital camera to try to prove the dates. I have a photo somewhere of a
hummingbird on the feeder in the snow in April. I was taking a photo of
something altogether different. Since then, I put my feeders out by the 7th
to 15th. Mine are out right now. Yesterday I thought I saw one about supper
time buzzing the maple trees.....looking for sap wells? This morning I
thought maybe, just maybe, I saw one zipping through the grapevine, where
there is usually a  feeder. I am waiting for them and know maybe it is
wishful thinking but with this wind, I am not taking a chance of it being a
mistake. I have filled the feeders, hung them out in the sunny spots and
hope to remember to bring them in so they don't freeze and crack like they
did last year.
Marg Millard in White Point, Queens

http://margmillard.ca