[NatureNS] Barrington Birds

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:15:23 -0300

One male cardinal at the feeder - the first I have seen in a month.
A flock of brant flying towards Cape Island, another flock behind the
funeral home - perhaps fifty birds there.
About twenty pine siskins.
A few junko and white throated sparrows.
A few blue jays.
A white breasted nuthatch - eating black sunflower seeds - it would come
down the tree, get a seed, carry it up and lay it on a limb, then turn
upside down and pick the center out of the seed.

Roland. .