[NatureNS] Partial albino red-tailed hawk at Hortonville

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:12:05 -0300

--Apple-Mail-14--857741236
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hello everyone:

Late Saturday morning, Bernard Forysythe and I were able to locate the
partial-albino red-tailed hawk at Exit 10 on Highway 101. It was out at
the edge of a farm field, on the south east side of the exit.

It was not perched in a tree, bet was sitting on something protruding
from the ground and had both wings "drooping" as it it were drying them
off. We were able to watch it for about five minutes, before it turned,
"used the bathroom" and then flew low out of sight behind a hill.

I did get a picture but due to the distance to the bird, it is not the
best, but it does show just how white it is. It has black eyes and a
few black feathers on the back of its head.

http://myweb.dal.ca/pmkelly/WhiteRedtail.jpg

Pat

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-14--857741236

[...]