[NatureNS] White Heron-like bird sighted-Egret?

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:03:50 -0300
From: Eric Mills <E.Mills@Dal.Ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Sherman,

Looks like a very nice Great Egret to me. Amazing what southerly gales will do
in March.

All the best,

Eric

Quoting Sherman Williams <shermw@xcountry.tv>:

> About 2 hours ago (now 10:39 ADT) it was reported to me by Richard
> ("Dick") Haliburton that he spotted an egret by the brook below his
> farm in Avonport.  I checked it out and got this photo (see link).
> Off the top I would say Egret but what kind: I lean to Great Egret??,
>  The legs are greenish not black. Neck seems to long for Cattle Egret.
>
> http://web.mac.com/sherm39/iWeb/Site/egret080309.html
>
> Help on confirmation would be appreciated.
>
> Sherman
>
> Sherman Williams
> shermw@xcountry.tv

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Dr Eric L Mills
Professor Emeritus of History of Science
Dept of Oceanography, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4J1, Canada
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ