[NatureNS] red poll

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:07:05 -0400

Up to now I've only had one Red poll at my feeder here in the centre of
the city. Today in this horrible weather I had a new one show up. This
one is very, very light colored, more so when it dried out briefly. The red
poll only showed up a bit when it was dry but strangely enough it had the
strong blush of pink/red on its chest and tummy.  How do I know these
are two different birds,,,,,,, I've been photographing them and did the real
comparison that way, not just from memory.
I know that these birds are now common place but for me and where I am
situated, anything like that is exotic... For those  who don't know, my
feeders are about twenty feet from big transfer trucks coming and going
all day and many cars within a few feet. One side of the house borders
on residential and the other on a commerical lot.(Ben's Bakery). The only
reason  I get any birds is because of the tangle of forsythia shrub for
them to hide in and a corridor of shrubs and tangle leading to it.
Good day for me even in this horrible rain. Heather Drope