[NatureNS] Fwd: sanderlings

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:47:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--0-1977257089-1202752072=:3820

Hi Everyone;

This posting is from Bob Lindsay.

Cheers;
Suzanne

Note: forwarded message attached.

--0-1977257089-1202752072=:3820

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:42:48 -0400
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
Subject: sanderlings
To: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>

Hi, Suzanne.

Could you see this gets posted on NatureNS?

Around noon on Saturday Feb. 9th, I was walking on the beach at Conrad's
Beach, Lawrencetown, with the tide fairly low and going out.

I saw two sanderlings scurrying along the beach, in and out of the
shallow waves as they swept over the sand.

I considered that so unexpected in February!!

A lovely day for birding, which I don't spend much time doing any more.
Nothing else of interest except a few mergansers and goldeneye.

cheers,
Bob Lindsay
Dartmouth

--0-1977257089-1202752072=:3820--