[NatureNS] Help for visiting birder

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:03:18 -0400
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@eastlink.ca>
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Carol and I have just come back from that way.  We checked out Bayport and
Crescent Beach.  The Black-bellied Plover wasn't seen at Crescent Beach but
it was high tide when we arrived.  A small flock of peeps flew by on the
inner side of the causeway, but we couldn't  identify them.

We proceeded to CSI where we did some birding, spent the night at West
Pubnico, and birded CSI today.

We saw nothing (except perhaps Brant) that might be of interest to your
birder.  The only alcids were guillemots although you should keep in touch
with Murray and Johnny as they will know what is around in the area.

We managed to pick up a Belted Kingfisher in Port Clyde with the help of
Johnny Nickerson's keen eyes.  We had Yellow-rumped Warblers and Golden
Crowned Kinglets on CSI.  We did not see the Snow Goose or American Kestral
although we gave them several tries

This morning, Johnny saw a Gray Catbird at house 38 on the Hawk.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@eastlink.ca