[NatureNS] Re: Barrington

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:18:14 -0400

      On one side of my property there is a row of large spruce trees.
Originally it was supposed to be a hedge between this property and our
neighbors, but it was allowed to grow into trees by the people who ownerd
the property. Out back is quite a large piece of woods. I have never seen
the cardinals in those trees. They light in smaller trees near the feeders -
today the male was sitting on the feeder but not eating. Usually the male
and female are together. The male is really beautiful - the female is also
attractive, but her colour is more like you would expect for a bird that
sits on a nest. I think this is the third winter that I have had a pair of
cardinals.

Roland.