[NatureNS] Hantsport Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

From: "Marian Fulton & Art Harding" <fulton.harding@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:29:48 -0400

I have been rather slack lately on reporting the Yellow Bellied Sapsucker -
my apologies for that.  I now am at work more hours than I have been during
the previous winters so do not see the bird as often.  Not sure what goes on
the days I am out but the best time to see this Yellow Bellied Sapsucker is
usually between 8 and 9 am on the colder days.  I was home yesterday morning
and he was at the bird pie feeder and in the Mountain Ash close by around
that time.  I have added a log feeder with peanut butter, lard and seed that
he also seems to enjoy.  Good luck to those who come by to see this bird; he
continues to be uncooperative for most birders.

Marian Fulton
9 Alder Drive
Hantsport NS