[NatureNS] redpolls' range

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:46:50 -0400

I'm becoming curious about birds' range and movements.  We had a flock of
redpolls that numbered over 100 at times, until a couple of weeks ago.  Now
there are only about 25-30.  Did the rest of them go down to Seabright?  I
haven't heard anyone in Dartmouth reporting a sudden increase in their
flock. I'd figured that the Celtic ave. flock must be the same birds that we
were getting here on Tulip street, maybe a kilometer from Celtic; but a
serious birder told me that was likely a different flock!??  Anyone have the
time to chime in on this?
Thanks.
Jane