FW: [NatureNS] Stormy birds

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:17:19 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Further to Doug's note below:

Jan. 14, 2008 - Our yard and feeders this morning were suddenly INVADED by
100+ COMMON REDPOLLS.   And, still in mid-morning along Wolfville¹s Main
St., opposite Blomidon Inn, some other feeders had 50+ C. REDPOLLS too!

I¹ll guess it is a bit late in winter for these to be new arrivals to the
province?  Perhaps they have been eating mainly wild food like birch seeds
and alder? seeds, and now have depleted such forage and are invading towns
and feeders?

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville