[NatureNS] Clay-coloured Sparrow, Siskins, Pine Grosbeaks, etc. - Wolfville - Sat

Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:52:49 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_fjzS9Bsv7gEBpftnu1hX4A)

Thanks very much to Sherman Williams plus two of the Eastlink tech-support
people, I have at least temporarily found my computer problem and also got
my iBook Macintosh working (that I have had since June!)(different operatin=
system), SO I'M BACK!

See my notes below which embellish Judy's notes on my yard birds and mammal=
-- note especially the approx. 8 PINE SISKINS which showed up briefly for
Sherman and myself.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville, 91 Wickwire Ave., 542-9204

Jan. 12, 2007 - Judy Tufts visited our Wolfville yard for the second time i=
two days and did see the CLAY-COLOURED SPARROW, the imm. WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROW, 2 CARDINALS (m,f), 2 FLICKERS (m,f), etc.

Later I and Sherman Williams saw about 8 PINE SISKINS that were only presen=
briefly.  Other animals today included a female HAIRY WOODPECKER,  a single
adult CHIPPING SPARROW,  1 AM. TREE SPARROW, 1 COMMON REDPOLL, 10+ JUNCOS,
5+ WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS, 4+ BLUE JAYS, 4+ CHICKADEES, 2+ PHEASANTS, 1
STARLING, 1 RED SQUIRREL.

Also Judy heard a couple of PINE GROSBEAKS from our yard today.

Add at least one muscular and agile RACCOON who for the last few nights has
attacked and detached a bird-house feeder on top of a stump, the only feede=
that I leave out overnight when the temperature is reasonably warm.

Jan. 13, 2007 - Two COMMON REDPOLLS were waiting for me when I put my
feeders out this morning.