[NatureNS] Watching Orion ascend

From: "Jeannie" <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:27:29 -0400

I thought some of you may be interest in this little bit of info.I know I am
going to check it out.
Cheers

JUST FOR FUN: This is a good time of year to see Orion the Hunter: the
constellation rises in the east at sunset. Watching Orion ascend, you may
experience the little-known "constellation illusion." The idea is the same
as the Moon illusion; constellations viewed near the horizon look abnormally
large. Go outside tonight and look. Can you believe your eyes?

Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury

Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton

"Let us permit Nature to have her way; she understands her business better
than we do." - Michel de Montaigne
jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca