[NatureNS] Good Digital Camera Question form Santa

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:12:02 -0400
From: "Richard Stern" <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_7395_5038230.1196986322211

Hi,

The 3 main contenders for an entry level dSLR (digital equivalent of 35mm.
in film) would be the Canon Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40x, or the Pentax K10.
They're all around 10mpx, and the Canon seems to be the cheapest. The
advantage of the Pentax  are that it has vibration reduction built into the
body, and it's backwardly compatible with old Pentax film camera lenses.
They all come as a body only, or bundled with a "kit" lens, which is
generally an 18-55mm. zoom. They have similar specs. They all feel a bit
different, but should produce excellent photos, so the best bet would to go
to a store (? Carsand Mosher, or Camera Corner in New Minas) and play with
all 3. Also, read the reviews on dpReview.com.

Richard

--
Richard Stern,

rbstern@ns.sympatico.ca
rbstern@xcountry.tv
sternrichard@gmail.com

------=_Part_7395_5038230.1196986322211

Hi,<br><br>The 3 main contenders for an entry level dSLR (digital equivalent of 35mm. in film) would be the Canon Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40x, or the Pentax K10. They&#39;re all around 10mpx, and the Canon seems to be the cheapest. The advantage of the Pentax&nbsp; are that it has vibration reduction built into the body, and it&#39;s backwardly compatible with old Pentax film camera lenses. They all come as a body only, or bundled with a &quot;kit&quot; lens, which is generally an 18-55mm. zoom. They have similar specs. They all feel a bit different, but should produce excellent photos, so the best bet would to go to a store (? Carsand Mosher, or Camera Corner in New Minas) and play with all 3. Also, read the reviews on

------=_Part_7395_5038230.1196986322211--