[NatureNS] Where to get a good loup?

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:21:18 -0400
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

At 05:37 PM 11/27/2007, Heather Drope wrote:
>May I suggest the up close binoculars 'Papilio' made by
>Pentax and purchased thru Eagleopics.I have never seen
>the mosses look so great and close.

I can agree with Heather on these...I've had a pair of the Papilio
6.5 x 21 ultra close focus (about 16" for me) for almost a year now.
Originally purchased for their intent (watching butterflies and other
insects) and their very light weight (no neck problems wearing these
for the entire day), they have also displaced my fold-away pocket
loupe entirely. If you can hold it in your hand you can focus on it
-- in stereo -- with these binos. The 6.5x pair have a brighter field
(exit pupil of 3.2 vs. the 2.5 of the 8.5x pair). Highly recommended!

Also, another potential source for folding-type loupes is stamp
and/or coin dealers...

Phil

--

Dr. Phil Schappert

2-2523 Sherwood St
Halifax, NS Canada, B3L 3G9
Home: 902-404-5679
Cell: 902-222-0865

PhilJS@eastlink.ca
DrPhil@philschappert.com

http://www.philschappert.com
http://www.aworldforbutterflies.com

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                                     Michael Hedges