[NatureNS] re Pileated Woodpeckers and cavities

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:26:11 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Does anyone know whether pileateds and other woodpeckers have different
cavities for nesting vs. roosting (i.e. shelter for just spending nights)?

And I have always advocated two ways of pronouncing "pileated", i.e. with
long or short "i", and my personal preference is for "pill-e-ated".

Cheers from Jim