[NatureNS] Boreal Birds moving south this winter

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:16:51 -0400
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hmm....no, the grey victim was smaller than a baby rabbit and the skull bone
was gone, just the skin with ears still attached and a snout, all in shape
and entrails remained. Now I am even more curious what killed it.
The feet of the bird would be relative in size although my description of
them was poor. My neighbour said a older grandchild had taken them away from
his dog. They may be in the garage hung up somewhere.  I may be able to get
a photo at some point if he returns. I do think they were a small owl or
hawk but I am not familiar with the birds various so I can't say.
More hooting in the night. I would say a barred owl......I realise I can
hear them now because my husband is a snorer, and he is now using the nose
strips and they are working!! I can hear night sounds again....unless I
start to snore! ha!!
Marg, In White Point

http://margmillard.ca