[NatureNS] Boreal Birds moving south this winter

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:39:29 -0400
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I am curious about these owls. I am hearing them from time to time at night
(well usually about 4:30 to 5:30 in the morning) here in close proximately
to my home in White Point Queens Co.. I know we have seen them very rarely,
but occasionally, at night driving home. The usually open (to some extent)
bedroom window is right by my head and I can hear them move through the
yard, I hear their wings whispering. I would say from the calls I have two,
at least, different owls; one might be a saw whet (very small) and the other
is big. I think I found the remains of a saw whet.
Is there anyone here abouts working on owls? I assume they are coming in
looking for rodents and the bunnies White Point Beach resort is so famous
for. The bunnies are moving out and 2 - 3 have moved up here.

. http://margmillard.ca