[NatureNS] Oriols & Question

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:24:31 -0400

Hi Suzanne and Everyone.

Just an update to fill in the blanks of some of the questions I have to
feild.

First of all the Bullocks Oriole IS still here and I'm trying to keep it
arround my feeders untill it's strong enough to move on and for those who
have indicated they'd like to see it.

I have had a "Birdy Pie" suet cake out since before the flock arrived along
with offerings of fresh and aged orange halves. One of my feeders is also
filled with sunflour seed hearts.  I too have had Orioles take the above
food offerings but not this group of birds. A truely fussy/spoiled bunch.

I've never tried Grape Jelly and with the # of starlings (200-250 today) I
don't think the Oriols would even stand a chance. I'm going to give the
grape juice a try tomorrow through the day so I can monitor their responce
to it.

Thanks to all that have responded thus far whether on the list or privatly.

I'm still open for any/more sugestions.

Tom Kavanaugh
Canso