[NatureNS] Birding Nov. 10

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:06:09 +0000

--_98643218-8c76-45a3-9142-6cc0d2600eda_

Dorothy Poole and I took a run to Yarmouth after the cattle egret and to CS=
I on Saturday.  We were unsuccessful in finding either species.  We picked =
up Athelda Murphy at Pubnico and had a good time birding with her.  Just up=
 the road from her a neighbour had reported an interesting bird.  Upon arri=
val we looked at great photos of the bird and it was an immature male rose-=
breasted grosbeak.  This bird had been at the feeder on the 9th and earlier=
 in the day on the 10th. =20
=20
Please do correct me if I have Athelda's name spelt wrong.  Anyhow, there w=
ere 16 red-winged blackbirds in her yard.
=20
Usually a storm starts on the Shelburne side and works its way back along. =
 Yesterday was the opposite and thus it was a miserable drive back home alo=
ng snow laden roads.  The worst section was between Broad Cove and Petite R=
iviere.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=3DEMENCA122=

--_98643218-8c76-45a3-9142-6cc0d2600eda_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Dorothy Poole and I took a run to Yarmouth after the cattle egret and to CS=
I on Saturday.&nbsp; We were unsuccessful in finding either species.&nbsp; =
We picked up Athelda Murphy at Pubnico and had a good time birding with her=
.&nbsp; Just up the road from her a neighbour had reported an interesting b=
ird.&nbsp; Upon arrival we looked at great photos of the bird and it was an=
 immature male rose-breasted grosbeak.&nbsp; This bird had been at the feed=
er on the 9th and earlier in the day on the 10th.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Please do correct me if I have Athelda's name spelt wrong.&nbsp; Anyhow, th=
ere were 16 red-winged blackbirds in her yard.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Usually a storm starts on the Shelburne side and works its way back along.&=
nbsp;&nbsp;Yesterday was the opposite and thus it was a miserable drive bac=
k home along snow laden roads.&nbsp; The worst section was between Broad Co=
ve and Petite Riviere.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR><br /><hr />Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons.=
=3D'_new'>Get them today!</a></body>

--_98643218-8c76-45a3-9142-6cc0d2600eda_--