[NatureNS] Crows: the shock and the grief (?)

From: "Andy Dean" <aadean@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:17:09 -0400

The experience with the crows brings to mind this incident that occured when
I lived in Port Joli in 2005 and may add credibility to Peter's final
paragraph :
 "It's dangerous to extend our own emotional experience to that of other
 creatures, especially animals so far removed from us in the evolutionary
 tree, but it's hard to believe that they didn't experience some sort of
 unusual sensation on seeing one of their own kind die so dramatically. They
 certainly reacted to the event with some interest.