[NatureNS] Herring Cove surf

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:08:35 -0400

Twice today I went out to Harringcove look off. Lots of
people there. This morning the wave display was the best I
have ever seen. Way out at the entrance to the harbour, on
the horizon I could see a roll of white.. It was surf. There
was even spraying surf right in front of us between
MacNabs and Herringcove.
Late this afternoon, while there wasn't the wind to make
surf the waves were a surfboarders dream. They were big
and had a wonderful curl. What an incredible sight.
Didn't see any birds. I think they were all tucked away safe
somewhere.. Heather in Halifax