[NatureNS] Virginia Creeper

Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 13:56:41 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi All,                Nov 3, 2007
    Several times in the last half of Oct I have seen or heard a
Pileated WP in the adjacent yard in a Black Cherry that has a good hank
of fruiting Virginia Creeper (_Parthenocissus quinquefolia_). A Pileated
arrived today at about 1:30 p.m. (or made its presence known by
clucking) and with only part of the Cherry leaves left  one could
clearly see that it was also feeding on the Creeper berries.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville