FW: [NatureNS] Barrington Yard Birds

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:40:00 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

And I can't resist adding that half of those "females" are very probably
young males!  And many of those males will still be brown and singing in the
Spring!  Beware!  Jim in Wolfville
----------
From: Elizabeth Doull <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:48:03 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Barrington Yard Birds

Can't resist this one...  Those females must be competing for the poor guy's
attention...

       I just had over 22 female purple finches and one male jammed on my
feeder all at one time. Along with these I had 8 goldfinch at the nyger
feeder and also bluejays, grackle and chicadees  in the trees near the
feeders.

Roland.