[NatureNS] Shorebird Survey Conrad's Island Beach, Rose Bay

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:09:27 +0000

--_e7a75b2c-a31d-4194-a61b-825edfc6397d_

This afternoon despite two dogs running rampart on the beach and a caterpil=
lar backhoe banging nearby, I still was able to find some decent birds.  Th=
ere was a single bobolink, a red-winged blackbird and sizeable numbers of S=
avannah sparrows along the beach.  Shorebirds included dunlin, lesser yello=
wlegs, semi-palmated plover and a western willet.
=20
Along the vegetation walking out to the causeway was a yellow-billed cuckoo=
.  Other species seen were of the normal spread that I would expect for thi=
s time of year with 27 species.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore
Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=3DEMENCA122=

--_e7a75b2c-a31d-4194-a61b-825edfc6397d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
This afternoon despite two dogs running rampart on the beach and a caterpil=
lar backhoe banging nearby, I still was able to find some decent birds.&nbs=
p; There was a single bobolink, a red-winged blackbird and sizeable numbers=
 of Savannah sparrows along the beach.&nbsp; Shorebirds included dunlin, le=
sser yellowlegs, semi-palmated plover and a western willet.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Along the vegetation walking out to the causeway was a yellow-billed cuckoo=
.&nbsp; Other species seen were of the normal spread that I would expect fo=
r this time of year with 27 species.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Dublin Shore<BR><br /><hr />Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun=
! <a href=3D'http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=3DEMENCA122' target=
=3D'_new'>Start now!</a></body>

--_e7a75b2c-a31d-4194-a61b-825edfc6397d_--