[NatureNS] Barnacle, Greater White-fronted, and Cackling Geese in Truro

From: Luke DeCicco <akswallow@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:34:22 -0800

--_b8a31333-17b9-4573-923f-8c08f5c57dd9_

Hey,
On 21 October, around 10:30AM, I viewed the large flocks of geese off of HW=
Y 2 across from McWilliam Road near Truro.  That morning I saw the Barnacle=
 Goose, which appeared to be an adult to me (decent photos taken).  It was =
feeding along with many Canadas in the fields.  There was also a Greater Wh=
ite-fronted Goose in another flock on the North side of HWY 2.  I only got =
a glance of this bird, because I was focused to trying to find the Barnacle=
, and then the whole flock took off and switched fields, I was unable to re=
find the White-front. =20
=20
On the way back from Camping on Cape Chignecto (1 Spruce Grouse seen, and ~=
15 White-winged Crossbills), I stopped again at the same place to look at t=
he geese present (22 October).  Neither the Greater White-fronted nor the B=
arnacle Goose were present, but an apparent Cackling Goose was present, not=
 sure on what subspecies, I got some decent photos of this bird too, I need=
 to do some compairing...
=20
If anyone wants to see my photos just e-mail me at nebulosa@gmail.com
=20
Bird on,
Luke DeCicco
Acadia - Formerly being educated.....
Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf=E9. Stop =
by today.
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_Oc=
tWLtagline=

--_b8a31333-17b9-4573-923f-8c08f5c57dd9_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Hey,<BR>
On 21 October, around 10:30AM,&nbsp;I viewed the large flocks of geese off =
of HWY 2 across from McWilliam Road near Truro.&nbsp; That morning I saw th=
e Barnacle Goose, which appeared to be an adult to me (decent photos taken)=
.&nbsp; It was feeding along with many Canadas in the fields.&nbsp; There w=
as also a Greater White-fronted Goose in another flock on the North side of=
 HWY 2.&nbsp; I only got a glance of this bird, because I was focused to tr=
ying to find the Barnacle, and then the whole flock took off and switched f=
ields, I was unable to refind the White-front.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
On the way back from Camping on Cape Chignecto (1 Spruce Grouse seen, and ~=
15 White-winged Crossbills), I stopped again at the same place to look at t=
he geese present (22 October).&nbsp; Neither the Greater White-fronted nor =
the Barnacle Goose were present, but an apparent Cackling Goose was present=
, not sure on what subspecies, I got some decent photos of this bird too, I=
 need to do some compairing...<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
If anyone wants to see my photos just e-mail me at <A href=3D"mailto:nebulo=
sa@gmail.com">nebulosa@gmail.com</A><BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Bird on,<BR>
Luke DeCicco<BR>
Acadia - Formerly being educated.....<BR><br /><hr />Help yourself to FREE =
treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf=E9. <a href=3D'http://www.cafem=
essenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline' targ=
et=3D'_new'>Stop by today!</a></body>

--_b8a31333-17b9-4573-923f-8c08f5c57dd9_--