[NatureNS] Cranberry slim pickings

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:51:17 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi there,

         At the Halifax Farmer's Market last Saturday I spoke to the
lady from The Duke of York Cranberry Meadow on Isle Madame. This a
commercial cranberry operation; they sell fresh cranberries, juice
and a variety of baked goods.  She said that it was a very good year
for cranberries at their place; there was excellent pollination etc.

         On the other hand, I saw very few cranberries on the plants
out at Hartlen's Point on recent visits.

         Cheers,

         Patricia L. Chalmers