FW: [NatureNS] Green Crab

Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:58:05 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: David Garbary <dgarbary@gmail.com>,

--Boundary_(ID_Y6RfyKsWijB8dURzf1BFRA)

Chris, your informative note omits the fact that the Green Crab was
discovered in Newfoundland recently -- there was a note to that effect on
the TV news perhaps back in July or so of this year??  Also, I believe that
one of its bad effects on ecosystems is the uprooting of eel grass during
its foraging for young bivalves etc.  David Garbary of St. F.X. Univ. has
done some studies of this.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville