[NatureNS] few pictures

From: Kent Mullin <kmullin@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:28:06 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jeannie,
It is easier to identify mushrooms visually if the whole thing is dug
out of the ground (particularly the genus Amanita), however in this
case I am certain that what you have photographed is Amanita citrina.
The yellow tone is much more muted than our muscaria species
(muscaria/formosa) in NS. Citrina as well does not grow as largeas
muscaria.
K.