[NatureNS] ants, flying, spiralling on NW Arm

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:33:47 -0300

	Good grief, that was 45 years ago! So...as I said I want to see swarms again and
recheck them, but here is my best recollection. The swarms were moving pretty fast,
popping out of the ground and rising to eye level quickly and then disappearing into the
melee and blending in with the other swarms. Looking straight onto them as they rose, they
were rotating from my left arm to my right arm, so if I pick a point on the left and follow it
visually to the right, then I feel that would be counterclockwise. I hope this is not some trick
optical illusion which will be confusing!  Glad to hear that someone else felt (ssensed?) the
same thing about the movement of the swarms. JET