[NatureNS] Wasps

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:27:11 -0300
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Angus:  3 nice photos "wasp sp1, sp1b, sp1c" are all flies not wasps (see
antennae), and from the venation near the end of the wing look like Syrphidae
(hoverfly family), a family that contains many bee and wasp mimics.  Haven't
time to chase it further but you could try matching on BugGuide.net.
Regards,
Steve