[NatureNS] Relaxed sightings..

From: "Dave/Sharon" <dash.bi@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:55:30 -0300

Today...
From my vantage point relaxing in my easy chair on Pea Jack hill I spotted
two mature & one immature Bald Eagles soaring, two Red Neck Greeb diving in
the cove, three very young B Herron stumbling about, too many seals & lots
of immature Junco, W Throat Sparrow, Y Throat Warb & Y Rump Warb.  I noted
for the past few weeks that a B Herron was landing in the trees close to our
RV site. I suspected at the time that it was nesting there. I never
investigated for the fear of disturbing them. Never saw the three young come
off but they had not come far as they did not have good control of their
wings or legs.
Dave Pugh
Brier Island