[NatureNS] professions and nature

Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 09:25:21 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Mary & All, Aug 6, 2007
My apologies also if anyone took my comments as a personal insult of
some kind. They were intended to be within the original context,
scientific and technical content in general newspaper articles, but in
haste worded in a way that included the broad scope.

In this instance of an incorrect photo being used to illustrate the
BSLB, I wrote to VoP pointing out this error and made a few comments
about how the BSLB 'problem' had been mishandled. My letter was not used
and no correction was printed so this tells me that not even the Editor
worries about accuracy.

Sometimes the treatment is alarmist and misleading, as in '..deadly
toxic methane...' being released by composting and attempts to set the
record straight in such cases seem to routinely get diverted to the
circular file.

Yt, DW, Kentville