FW: [NatureNS] White Meadowsweet(Spiraea latifolia)

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:45:35 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi All,        July 31, 2007
    We agree I think that it is probably a _Spiraea_. I am still puzzled
by the height.

    For confirmation, Hans should revisit the plant (if this is not
inconvenient) and see if the leaves are tomentose on the underside. The
leaves of _S. tomentosa_  are wooly beneath whereas _S. latifolia_ has
nearly glabrous leaves.  Photo of leaves and bark might also help to
confirm that it is not something entirely unexpected.

Yt, DW