[NatureNS] FW: Swallow-Tailed Kite

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:39:51 +0000

>Subject: Swallow-Tailed Kite
>Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:11:52 -0300
>
>Hi James,
>
>I saw a Swallow-Tailed Kite gliding over the river at our place in Petite
>Riviere this afternoon. The forked tail and profile, as well as the flight
>"style," were unmistakable. My wife saw the same bird perched high on a
>tree in the "Park Pool" just above the village yesterday. I'm curious if
>there have been additional sightings. I note from Sibley and other
>reference books that there have been previous visits of this bird to the
>area.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Don Sedgwick

This was a report that came into me today.  I went right over this evening
hoping that I might find the bird.  I did not have any luck though.  I
narrowly missed one of these birds a number of years ago on Brier Island due
to taking a bathroom break.  I was within a minute or so of it passing over
with a flight of hawks.  Oh well, someday maybe I will get lucky with this
bird.

Sincerely,

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Show Your Messenger Buddies How You Really Feel
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122