[NatureNS] Salt Marsh Bird Surveys

From: "Gloria Gilbert" <turtlevoice@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:12:53 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C7C841.E495CB00

Aimee, I can't join your expedition, but the results of your survey will =
be of great interest to the Friends of Port Mouton Bay. Please see:

http://www.friendsofportmoutonbay.ca/

There will be a community meeting at West Queens Rec center in Port =
Mouton at 7 pm Wednesday evening July 18. At this meeting, the research =
reports from the Friends will be presented, covering topics like =
far-field effects from the existing fish farm, and the seabed drifter =
study. Other salt marshes are showing algae blooms, and there has been a =
shellfish closure extending past the Park boundary.

There is serious concern that the ecosystem has already been disrupted, =
and shorebirds (among others) may be negatively affected.

We would be happy to share our science with you, and will appreciate =
knowing what you discover tomorrow.

The meeting is open to everyone, and all who take an interest in the Bay =
are welcome... hope you can attend.

There are accommodations available at the Hostel in Port Mouton... see:

http://www.wqccda.com/PMhostel/#hostel

Thanks to all who support our mission to keep Port Mouton Bay clean and =
natural!

Gloria Gilbert

  ----- Original Message -----=20