[NatureNS] Snake question

Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:37:40 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Flora & All, July 14, 2007
I encountered a Black Snake in New Minas ~4 decades ago (before I was
aware of melanistic Garter Snakes) that was aggressive enough to
convince me that it was a possibly dangerous alien escape; repeated
striking just short of mark and advancing when I stepped back. So, much
to the dismay of Sherman Bleakney, I killed it.

But, on the good news side, doing so made a positive ID possible.
Yt, Dave Webster