[NatureNS] Deer & Aster cordifolius

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 18:15:35 -0300

Another vegetable they love is green beans. We always had deer in the garden
when I was growing up, and the beans were the first thing they went after.
What I hear people complaining about these days is the tulips. The tell me
they can't grow tulips on Sherose Island any more - the deer get them all.
There is enough woods there - on Sherose Island and he tip of Brass Hill -
to hide the deer, and no hunting is allowed because it is too close to the
houses.

Roland.