[NatureNS] Peregrine falcon attack

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:15:38 -0300

I have a friend who hikes the Cape Chignecto trail every year in memory
of her late husband. Last year she was bomb dived by a bird, and I mean
seriously, on the trail. This year the Peregrine Falcon dived at her again
but this time she said it was eight attempts instead of last years three.
The bird must have a nest near the trail over by Eatonville.
This was not the only report. A guest at the Hostel in Wentworth reported
that he did the hike and a bird attacked him and tore his shirt.
This is just a warning for anyone hikeing the Eatonville end of the trail to
be aware of the Falcon.
Who ever does the breeding bird atlas for that square might want to take
note as well.
If you need the hikers name I can give it to you via personal email.
Heather Drope