[NatureNS] Name that Swallow

From: "Jeannie" <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:10:38 -0300

Great photos Bernard!!
Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury

Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton

jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Burke" <blburke@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "nature ns" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 5:52 AM
Subject: [NatureNS] Name that Swallow

I returned yesterday from a visit to Richmond County Cape Breton and while
there I had an unexpected viewing of all four of our regular Swallow species
from the same vantage point in both River Bourgeois, and L'ardoise, but
L'ardoise was by far the better spot because they were zipping by me at very
close range. I figured if I waited long enough, I would be able to capture
all four species with a photo on a wire at the same time, and with a lot of
luck I would have them right beside each other. It took a while but I was
able to do it. Although I was disappointed somewhat with my photos because
of  the overcast lighting conditions, there is enough characteristics seen
from these two photos that ID is possible and I thought they may be of
interest to some:

http://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/11/107663000/Medium

http://bernieb.smugmug.com/gallery/916397/10/107663002/Medium

Cheers