FW: [NatureNS] Photographing high tides

Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:23:10 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, Roy Bishop <rg@ns.sympatico.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_+oGimTBMV0uMqkycm2GzoA)

Roy Bishop of Avonport took two famous photographs of the Hantsport Wharf
(where gypsum is loaded onto boats for export) decades ago when there was an
extreme high tide (and a correspondingly very low tide too); his photos were
taken at high tide and again for contrast at low tide, and the prints can be
viewed at our display on the tides at the Robie Tufts Nature Centre along
Wolfville's Front Street -- just look for the odd big chimney coming out of
a pavilion in the middle of the big parking lot by the Liquor Store.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville