[NatureNS] cedar in NS

From: "joan waldron" <waldrojo@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:06:50 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C7A8E3.2F5DAFA0

About 40years ago my husband removed the siding from a large old barn in
Hants county. It was very weathered and we used it to panel our rec room as
was the style of the time. We had always thought it was oak.  When I sold
the house my son took the remaining barn boards. When he tried to plane the
wood there was much resistance so he had it looked at and it was eastern
cedar.

Joan W

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C7A8E3.2F5DAFA0

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:
14.0pt'>About 40years ago my husband removed the siding from a large old =
barn
in Hants county. It was very weathered and we used it to panel our rec =
room as
was the style of the time. We had always thought it was oak.&nbsp; When =