[NatureNS] Honey Bees

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 03:29:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave and All
Bumble Bees were especially plentiful this spring on
some Royal Azaleas that are nearly done blooming for
this year. Prehaps I attracted all the bees for a
distance but the bushes were alive.
Royal Azalea ( r. schlippenbachi ) is an interesting
plant. It is the state flower of South Korea, a very
dependable bloomer here in NoVa Scotia, easy to grow
from seed and produces tons of seed but none of the
seed grow in the wild. Very well behaved. Also a hard
sell! Bees love it however as it blooms before most
other spring plants.
Enjoy the spring
Paul