[NatureNS] bees

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:45:15 -0300

	There seemed to be a few honey bees early in the spring when the
crocus were in bloom, but now there are almost none to be seen. I have
been watching my cherry trees, and a neighbour's Gravenstein apple tree,
just loaded with blossoms, but it was nearly impossible to find a bee in its
massive, old limbs and blanket of white blooms. Once in a great while I
have seen the big  bumlebees, but I am not even seeing very many of
them, and one even looked as though it was not well, flying weakly and
erratically, not with its usual purpose. I keep looking at our flower beds, and
other peoples' flower gardens, but there are no pollinators in them of any
sort, except some ants crawling in the blooms sometimes. A recent report
on CBC news said there were no bees in New Brunswick.   Jean in
Wolfville